New, award-winning Petunia brings the galaxy to gardens and balconies.
This brand new petunia is set to be the talk of the gardening world. Plant it this season and you’ll add a whole new dimension to your garden.
Petunia ‘NightSky®’ is a real breakthrough in plant breeding, offering beautiful, rich purple flowers, generously seasoned with starry white freckles . This newcomer has already taken home both the Award for Best Bedding or Pot Plant at the Four Oaks Trade Show and the prestigious FleuroStar Award, given by Fleuroselect to the ‘winner with the wow factor’.
STARRING ROLE – GREEN INSPIRATION
Petunia ‘NightSky®’ is so special you can let your imagination run riot and create a parallel universe in your garden, to be enjoyed in dozens of different ways:
• Party-ready your patio, planting it in baskets and containers for fabulous, instant effect. Twirl some sparkly fairy lights between the planters to add to the star spangled effect.
• Why not wow your lunch guests with your green fingers and create a table centrepiece like no other? Gift the finished piece to the star guest as a memento of the occasion.
• Take a potted ‘NightSky®’ petunia as an alternative gift for a dinner party. It costs less than a bottle of wine, but will provide months of beauty and pleasure.
• Or simply plant a pair of hanging baskets to adorn your front door and create a spectacle of starry wonder to warmly welcome friends and family to your home.
Every flower is unique, with a myriad of star-like speckles creating a ‘Heaven’s Mirror’ effect. The plants will flower from spring right through to the first frosts and the colour effect is stable, so it won’t disappear during the season. Petunia ‘NightSky®’ has a semi trailing habit, so it is perfect for growing in hanging baskets and tiered containers where its trailing stems will create a beautiful, flower rich effect.
HEAVENLY PARTNERS – HOW TO USE
• Marry this dark, sparkly sensation with an on-trend, black or dark grey container and you’ll be stargazing for eternity.
• Plant it in a hanging basket and make it the centre of your garden galaxy, with the flowers forming at eye-level for the very best dreamy effect.
• Or bring the stars to life and plant this flamboyant, show-off garden plant in a white planter for stunning visual impact.
PETUNIA GROWING TIPS
For best results and value buy garden ready plants. You can plant them out after the last frost of spring and they are very easy to grow.
• Watering – Keep the compost moist but not waterlogged. Don’t allow it to dry out completely and keep the water droplets off the flowers wherever possible.
• Feed petunias to keep them in tip-top condition. Choose a soluble plant food for flowering plants that will encourage plenty of flowers and apply when watering, or add a slow release flowering plant fertiliser to the compost, as you plant.
• Dead head regularly as the flowers start to die, remove the whole flower and the developing seed capsule behind the flower. This makes the plant make more flowers as it strives to set seed.
Fleuroselect, the international organization for breeders and young plant producers of pot and bedding plants, awards the FleuroStar to the Winner with the Wow Factor. A panel of over thirty industry experts evaluates the contesting plants on point of sale attractiveness and commercial potential. NightSky has won the Award because of its unique purple with white spots colour pattern.
Petunia NightSky® and the accompanying marketing concept was created by the German breeder Selecta One, specialist in vegetative ornamental plant breeding.
Healthy, robust and eye-catching plants will be available in UK garden centers from April 2016. Or mail order from Thompson & Morgan